Working Fire Fairview Ave.
Monday morning on the 24th of January at 3:55am, Somerville and Raritan Fire were dispatched to Fairview Ave. for a reported dryer fire in a second floor apartment. Units arrived to find smoke showing and a working fire. Crews made an attack and encountered zero visibility on the second floor. Once the fire was found in a laundry room area, it was quickly extinguished. Units remained on scene for approximately an hour afterwards ventilating and checking for further extension.